perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] reg. measurement database's location

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] reg. measurement database's location

  • From: Srivatsan Rajagopalan <>
  • To: Aaron Brown <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] reg. measurement database's location
  • Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 01:00:40 -0500

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for your response. I connected to the perfsonar box through WinSCP and Putty terminal to find where the BWCTL measurements were stored as a file. Specifically, I looked into ~/var/lib/mysql/bwctl for the measurements file.

I am not sure if am looking in the right place, but I haven't been able to find the measurement tables with values (my job is to perform statistical analysis of the data for BWCTL tests between peers).

You had mentioned reasonably easy to interpret the various tables Do you have an idea as to where I could find these tables?
What file-type extension should I search for to get access to these?

Thanks,
Srivatsan

On Sat, Jul 9, 2011 at 8:02 PM, Aaron Brown <> wrote:
Hi Srivatsan,

On Jul 9, 2011, at 2:47 PM, Srivatsan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am a graduate student at Texas A&M University. As part of our project, we are using perfsonar boxes to run tests between peers. We would like to know where the database of measurements (say for BWCTL tests) is stored and how to access it. Specifically, I would like to know which folders to access and what name it would be stored under.

The bwctl and owamp data is stored in MySQL databases (bwctl and owamp respectively). I'm not sure if there's a document with the database schema for the bwctl database, but it's reasonably easy to interpret the various tables. The owamp data is a bit more opaque, but there is a document describing it at http://anonsvn.internet2.edu/svn/perfSONAR-PS/trunk/perfSONAR_PS-perfSONARBUOY/doc/owamp_database_schema.txt .

Cheers,
Aaron

> Your assistance is appreciated and would help me with my work. I look forward to your response.
>
> Thanks,
> Srivatsan Rajagopalan

Summer 2011 ESCC/Internet2 Joint Techs
Hosted by the University of Alaska-Fairbanks
http://events.internet2.edu/2011/jt-uaf