perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] reg. measurement database's location

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] reg. measurement database's location

  • From: Aaron Brown <>
  • To: Srivatsan <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] reg. measurement database's location
  • Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2011 20:02:56 -0500

Hi Srivatsan,

On Jul 9, 2011, at 2:47 PM, Srivatsan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am a graduate student at Texas A&M University. As part of our project, we
> are using perfsonar boxes to run tests between peers. We would like to know
> where the database of measurements (say for BWCTL tests) is stored and how
> to access it. Specifically, I would like to know which folders to access
> and what name it would be stored under.

The bwctl and owamp data is stored in MySQL databases (bwctl and owamp
respectively). I'm not sure if there's a document with the database schema
for the bwctl database, but it's reasonably easy to interpret the various
tables. The owamp data is a bit more opaque, but there is a document
describing it at
http://anonsvn.internet2.edu/svn/perfSONAR-PS/trunk/perfSONAR_PS-perfSONARBUOY/doc/owamp_database_schema.txt
.

Cheers,
Aaron

> Your assistance is appreciated and would help me with my work. I look
> forward to your response.
>
> Thanks,
> Srivatsan Rajagopalan

Summer 2011 ESCC/Internet2 Joint Techs
Hosted by the University of Alaska-Fairbanks
http://events.internet2.edu/2011/jt-uaf