perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] RE: Need Help

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] RE: Need Help

  • From: Jason Zurawski <>
  • To: rehan lodhi <>
  • Cc: , Performance Node Users <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] RE: Need Help
  • Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2011 08:04:12 -0500

Hi Haan;

I want to get a bit more information about the steps you have performed, because I don't really understand what problems you are experiencing. I can't reach your toolkit to verify these on my own - is it still running and would it be accessible from the outside world?

1) Are you using a netinstall version of the pS Performance Toolkit (e.g. installed to the hard drive) or a LiveCD?

2) Which version of the toolkit are using? This is displayed on the front page, or you can look in '/etc/motd'

3) Did you fill out the administrative information in this step: http://code.google.com/p/perfsonar-ps/wiki/pSPerformanceToolkit32#Administrative_Information

Many of the tools will not start unless this is first filled out.

4) Some of the tools won't start unless they have been configured to perform measurements. For instance the "Regular Testing (Throughput)", "Regular Testing (Latency)", and "PingER Regular Testing" need to be configured. There are instructions here: http://code.google.com/p/perfsonar-ps/wiki/pSPerformanceToolkit32#Scheduled_Testing

Even if you manually restart these services, they will exit due to not having scheduled tests.

5) I see that you have RPMs/Source files in one of your screen captures. Did you install these services onto the toolkit? If you did, this could be the cause of some problems, the toolkit has all of the necessary software already, re-installing may cause some key configuration files to be overwritten.

6) From your graphics it appears that some services didn't start initially, and the last graphic shows them started. Was this after

Thanks;

-jason