perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] BWCTL MP Strikes again

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] BWCTL MP Strikes again

  • From: Hakan Calim <>
  • To: Victor Saez <>
  • Cc: , WiN-Labor <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] BWCTL MP Strikes again
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 12:05:25 +0200

Victor Saez schrieb:
> [...]
> told me
> > where
> > > to find the package to install the oppd webadmin service.
> > >
> > > I'm reinstalling some services, and I have the same problem
> > again, but
> > > the link that Martin told me is no longer available.
> > >
> > > I've been looking through the repository but I can't get
> to find
> > it...
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance!
> > >
> > > Kind regards,
> > >

> > > --
> > > Víctor
> > Hi Víctor,
> >
> > Im Hakan responsible for developing the oppd. The oppd gets
> a new
> > structure so at the moment the WebAdmin is not supported.
> > Therefore the
> > WebAdmin is removed from repository. After the developing of
> oppd is
> > closed in a next step the WebAdmin will be included. If you
> have other
> > questions regarding oppd please contact me.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Hakan
> >

> > --
> > Dipl.-Inf. Hakan Calim, DFN-Labor
> > Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg
> > Regionales RechenZentrum Erlangen (RRZE)
> > Martensstraße 1, 91058 Erlangen, Germany
> > Tel. +49 9131 85-28148, Fax +49 9131 302941
> >

> <mailto:>
>
> <mailto:
>
> <mailto:>>
> > www.win-labor.dfn.de <http://www.win-labor.dfn.de>
> <http://www.win-labor.dfn.de>
> >

> > --
> > Víctor
> Hi Víctor,
>
> you can use the 0.52 packages which are in the unstable repo. for this
> please do the following steps:
>
> 1. Remove the 0.51 with the following command:
>
> sudo apt-get remove --purge perfsonar-oppd
>
> 2. Delete if exist:
>
> sudo rm -rf /usr/lib/perfsonar/services/oppd/
> sudo rm /etc/oppd.conf
>
> 3. Remove NMWG package with:
>
> sudo apt-get remove --purge libnmwg-perl
>
> 4. Check if following entry exist in /etc/apt/sources.list
>
> deb http://downloads.perfsonar.eu/repositories/deb/ unstable main
>
> 5. Install the 0.52 package with dependency:
>
> sudo apt-get install perfsonar-oppd-mp-bwctl/unstable
>
> If the following message occur this is ok. It shows that the
> perfsonar-oppd package cant be start without a service. For this the
> perfsonar-oppd-bwctl-mp package will be installed.
> No services specified in config file
> Usage:
> oppd.pl <http://oppd.pl> [OPTIONS]
>
> regards,
> Hakan
>
> --
> Dipl.-Inf. Hakan Calim, DFN-Labor
> Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg
> Regionales RechenZentrum Erlangen (RRZE)
> Martensstraße 1, 91058 Erlangen, Germany
> Tel. +49 9131 85-28148, Fax +49 9131 302941

Hi Víctor,

sorry that I cant answer earlier. It looks like a bwctl error amd not a
oppd error. Try to start the measurement on the source host with bwctl.
Use the same options that you use in perfSONARUI. If this work send me
the request message which perfSONARUI creates for this measurement.

regards,
Hakan

--

www.win-labor.dfn.de