perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] BWCTL MP Strikes again

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] BWCTL MP Strikes again

  • From: Victor Saez <>
  • To: Hakan Calim <>, , WiN-Labor <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] BWCTL MP Strikes again
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 10:10:35 +0200

Hello again,

Hakan, thanks a lot for your answer, the solution worked yesterday, and I could make some tests through the perfSONARUI.

The thing is that suddenly the server is no longer performing tests, I always get the following error:

On the UI, when selecting the Measurement point, and checking the availability, everything seems to be fine, but I get the following error message:

Error (error.mp.bwctl) - [BWCTL Error:]

I've been capturing the messages exchanged, and this is the XML error message received from oppd:

*----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*
:nmwg="nmwg" name="windowSize" value="15000"/><nmwg:parameter xmlns:nmwg="nmwg" name="interval" value="6"/></iperf:parameters>
    <nmwg:eventType>http://ggf.org/ns/nmwg/tools/iperf/2.0/</nmwg:eventType>
  </nmwg:metadata>

  <!-- triggers to indicate head of chains -->
  <nmwg:data id="1" metadataIdRef="iperf-metadata"/>

<nmwg:metadata id="return_iperf-metadata"><nmwg:eventType>error.mp.bwctl</nmwg:eventType></nmwg:metadata><nmwg:data metadataIdRef="return_iperf-metadata" id="data_return_iperf-metadata"><nmwgr:datum>BWCTL Error:</nmwgr:datum></nmwg:data></nmwg:message></soapenv:Body></soapenv:Envelope>

*----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*

It looks like the problem might be between the oppd and bwctl, I've checked that bwctld is running, and I can perform bwctl tests from the console without errors, so I assume iperf is running ok. Could it be something with the bwctl limits?

Kind regards and thanks in advance.

Víctor

2010/8/18 Hakan Calim <>
Victor Saez schrieb:
> Hello Hakan,
>
> Thanks for your answer, I understand the situation, but I needed to
> make some tests and I don't mind using an old structure. I have to
> show how the system works in a general way and I don't have the
> package I downloaded on January.
>
> So if you don't mind and you have any working package that you could
> send me, I'd be gratefull.
>
> Kind Regards,
>

> 2010/8/18 Hakan Calim < <mailto:>>
>
>     Victor Saez schrieb:
>     > Hello again,
>     >
>     > Some time ago, I had this question solved, Martin Gründl told me
>     where
>     > to find the package to install the oppd webadmin service.
>     >
>     > I'm reinstalling some services, and I have the same problem
>     again, but
>     > the link that Martin told me is no longer available.
>     >
>     > I've been looking through the repository but I can't get to find
>     it...
>     >
>     > Thanks in advance!
>     >
>     > Kind regards,
>     >
>     >
>     > --
>     > Víctor
>     Hi Víctor,
>
>     Im Hakan responsible for developing the oppd. The oppd gets a new
>     structure so at the moment the WebAdmin is not supported.
>     Therefore  the
>     WebAdmin is removed from repository. After the developing of oppd is
>     closed in a next step the WebAdmin will be included. If you have other
>     questions regarding oppd please contact me.
>
>     Best regards,
>     Hakan
>

>     --
>     Dipl.-Inf. Hakan Calim, DFN-Labor
>     Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg
>     Regionales RechenZentrum Erlangen (RRZE)
>     Martensstraße 1, 91058 Erlangen, Germany
>     Tel. +49 9131 85-28148, Fax +49 9131 302941
>     <mailto:>
>     www.win-labor.dfn.de <http://www.win-labor.dfn.de>
>

> --
> Víctor
Hi Víctor,

you can use the 0.52 packages which are in the unstable repo. for this
please do the following steps:

  1. Remove the 0.51 with the following command:

     sudo apt-get remove --purge  perfsonar-oppd

  2. Delete if exist:

     sudo rm -rf /usr/lib/perfsonar/services/oppd/
     sudo rm /etc/oppd.conf

  3. Remove NMWG package with:

     sudo apt-get remove --purge libnmwg-perl

  4. Check if following entry exist in /etc/apt/sources.list

     deb http://downloads.perfsonar.eu/repositories/deb/ unstable main

  5. Install the 0.52 package with dependency:

     sudo apt-get install perfsonar-oppd-mp-bwctl/unstable

If the following message occur this is ok. It shows that the
perfsonar-oppd package cant be start without a service. For this the
perfsonar-oppd-bwctl-mp package will be installed.
No services specified in config file
Usage:
  oppd.pl [OPTIONS]

regards,