perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Config info isn't saved after reboot?

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Config info isn't saved after reboot?

  • From: Aaron Brown <>
  • To: Loren Jan Wilson <>
  • Cc: ,
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Config info isn't saved after reboot?
  • Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 10:54:49 -0500

On Feb 24, 2010, at 10:33 AM, Loren Jan Wilson wrote:

mount -t ext3 /dev/sdb7 /mnt/store

That will definitely fail... that's an xfs partition. Which may answer
my question. Are xfs partitions unsupported?

Correct, XFS is not supported. Since there are various semantic differences between the different file systems linux can read (from lack of support for symlinks in things like ntfs/vfat, to different writeback properties, etc), we are trying to minimize the number of file systems we support to ones that we've tested extensively. Since ext3 works for the current use-case and we've done extensive testing with it, it's the only file system we support.

If you don't mind formatting the drive, the command-line interface should give you the option of formatting it.

Cheers,
Aaron

Internet2 Spring Member Meeting
April 26-28, 2010 - Arlington, Virginia