perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] knoppix support ?

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] knoppix support ?

  • From: Jeff W.Boote <>
  • To: "Li, Yee-Ting" <>
  • Cc: jim warner <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] knoppix support ?
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 17:07:43 -0700

Jim, Yee,

We of course put every effort we can into keeping up to date with all security patches. We intend to document our strategy along with a policy on what OSs we support in time for the next major release. (And some of it is likely to make it into the next minor release due out 'real soon now'.) If you have ideas on what can be said for this that would make it easier to make the case for your security guys, I'd love to hear them.

That said, I'd like you to keep in mind that perfSONAR-PS is an open- source project. If you look at the license you will see a DISCLAIMER section. I only bring this up because of the SLA comment in this thread. SLAs imply a contract. A contract typically has two sides. If you want an SLA, you will likely need to pay for it. (And if you want to do that, please let me know. I can investigate the potential for Internet2 or perhaps another organization to provide this kind of service for a fee.)

Thanks,
jeff