perfsonar-user - knoppix support ?

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

knoppix support ?

  • From: jim warner <>
  • To:
  • Subject: knoppix support ?
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 16:29:54 -0800

At the San Antonio member meeting performance workshop I heard it said that users of the knoppix perfsonar distro could expect support. In the event of critical security updates, we could count on an announcement on the mailing list and a fixed ISO image. That promise means a lot to us, if I really heard it -- if I didn't make it up. I sometimes hear what I want to hear rather than what's said.

If there is no promise of enough support to make the Knoppix distribution an appliance, I probably cannot run it as a service in my data center. That would be too bad, because so far it looks really useful. I am hoping for an SLA-like statement for the distribution as part of announcement on toolkit page. I need something to show to the data center management group.

Thanks.

-jim warner, UCSC