perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] knoppix support ?

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] knoppix support ?

  • From: "Li, Yee-Ting" <>
  • To: jim warner <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] knoppix support ?
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 16:42:01 -0800
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US

We, at SLAC, also have similar requirements and would love to something
similar. Whilst we are dedicating some time (trying to) building own own
up-to-date iso's, i think it would be of huge benefit to the community if the
toolkit can be kept up-to-date wrt to zero-day exploits etc.

This is especially important due to the requirement to have the hosts
internet visible.

Whilst we have managed to persuade our security guys that this is a useful
product, we have had to put in a provision in our security plan that if the
distro falls behind, then we will literally just turn the box off - which
kinda defeats the purpose of a monitoring box imo.

Yee.