perfsonar-user - Three questions about perfsonar UI

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Three questions about perfsonar UI

  • From: Piotr Pikusa <>
  • To: Nina Jeliazkova <>
  • Cc: perfsonar-user <>
  • Subject: Three questions about perfsonar UI
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 16:33:15 +0200

Hi Nina!

I am a developer of SQL-MA service in perfSONAR project :)
I have three questions about working with perfsonarUI. All questions are concerned on Interfaces tab. And all are concerned on standard installation of SQL-MA service on localhost.

1. I have added sql-ma service adress to Service Adresses in perfsonarUI in the following way:
Name: localhost-sql-ma
Schema: http://schemas.perfsonar.net/2.0/
EventType: http://ggf.org/ns/nmwg/characteristic/utilization/2.0

When I'm checking service status there is:
Status explanation: This eventType in echo request is not supported

Is there something more information I should setup to get success status? Or should I set up different schema?
Echo request via Playground works fine.

2. When I load metadata, no metadata appear. Do you have any idea why? When I use Playground and query with setup-data-utilization request, everything works fine and I get back proper response with proper data from sql database.

3. In Summary section and Measurements section there are Mb/s label on vertical axis. Is this label set permanently or it depends on valueUnits in MA service response?
And if it is set permanently, is perfsonarUI count up all values from i.e Kb/s or b/s to Mb/s ?

Regards
Piotr Pikusa
PSNC