perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Can the default port for SOAPMonitorPort 5001 be changed

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Can the default port for SOAPMonitorPort 5001 be changed

  • From: Piotr Pikusa <>
  • To: "Niederberger, Ralph" <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Can the default port for SOAPMonitorPort 5001 be changed
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 13:31:55 +0200

Hi Ralph!

It makes no trouble to reconfigure SOAPMonitorService to use port 5011, or any free port in your system. Because we assume that every perfsonar service has it own dedicated server, or at least MA services are on a different server than MP services, the default SOAPMonitorPort will be not changed. But thank you for reporting this issue, we will think about put some information about it in Admin Guide.

Niederberger, Ralph wrote:
Dear all,

Tried to install iperf on a machine where sql-ma service is running.
Since it didn't work out of the box, I did some analysis and realized that
Port 5001 is configured for SOAPMonitorService: SOAPMonitorPort in

geant2-java-as/WEB-INF/web.xml
geant2-java-ma/WEB-INF/web.xml
geant2-java-ls/WEB-INF/web.xml

Does it make any trouble to reconfigure SOAPMonitorService to use to use port
5011 instead, so that iperf can use its the standard port?

By the way: if this does not lead to any problems, shouldn't the default for
SOAPMonitorPort be changed?

Best regards

Ralph

Ralph Niederberger
Juelich Supercomputing Centre
Institute for Advanced Simulation

Phone: +49 2461 61-4772
Fax: +49 2461 61-6656
E-Mail:

WWW: http://www.fz-juelich.de/jsc/

JSC is the coordinator of the
John von Neumann Institute for Computing
and member of the
Gauss Centre for Supercomputing

Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH
52425 Jülich

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Jülich
Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats: MinDirig'in Bärbel Brumme-Bothe
Geschäftsführung: Prof. Dr. Achim Bachem (Vorsitzender),
Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr. Harald Bolt,
Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr.-Ing. Harald Bolt,
Prof. Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt