perfsonar-user - Re: [Fwd: Re: [perfsonar-user] Problem with configuration xml-ls (eXist)]

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [Fwd: Re: [perfsonar-user] Problem with configuration xml-ls (eXist)]

  • From: Cándido Rodríguez Montes <>
  • To: Maciej Matachowski <>
  • Cc: "Szymon Trocha" <>, "Nicolas Simar" <>, ,
  • Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: [perfsonar-user] Problem with configuration xml-ls (eXist)]
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 10:29:16 +0200

Hi Maciej,

El 27/05/2008, a las 17:58, Maciej Matachowski escribió:

Hi Christian, All,
Thx for solution, my AS is working. I have tested it with the
PerfsonarUI and the xml respond is correct without errors ;).

Yeah! :-)

Now I'm trying to configure RRD MA. Christian you said that you have
some experience with RRD MA. Could you write some useful information
about this service?
I stacked again with the configuration.
I think its again the eXist configuration. So from the beginning of
configuration site:

In basic configuration I choose the YES for the register with an LS and ....

* eXist configuration:

#  Location of the eXist db     ----> I leave like it is
(xmldb:exist://localhost:8080/exist/xmlrpc)
#  eXist user and the password ----> like I specify in eXist configuration;
#  eXist admin's password  ----> my admin's password for eXist
#  eXist OLD admin's password ----> what does it mean? why should I
change the admin's password?
#  full path of the metadata configuration file -----> like it is
/opt/perfsonar/services/geant2-java-rrd-ma/WEB-INF/classes/perfsonar/conf/rrd-database_TEST.xm

* Administration Configuration
User and password like usual: perfsonaruser/perfsonarpass

* Authentication configuration
Shall I enable authentication ? If yes should I change something in
those two fields?

If you want to require authentication for those message types, the answer is yes. Basically, if you turn the authentication on, you mean: 'I don't want everybody can send all kind of messages to my RRD MA'.

By default there is :
#  URL address of the Authentication Service ----->
Should I change it for my AS :

#  Message types which should be authenticated ----> there already is
SetupDataRequest, MetadataKeyRequest.

I think you should leave that default value.

Regards

Feel free to put any comments.
Thx

Regards,
Maciej Matachowski

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 3:56 PM, Cándido Rodríguez Montes