perfsonar-user - Re: [Fwd: Re: [perfsonar-user] Problem with configuration xml-ls (eXist)]

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [Fwd: Re: [perfsonar-user] Problem with configuration xml-ls (eXist)]

  • From: "Maciej Matachowski" <>
  • To: "Cándido Rodríguez Montes" <>
  • Cc: "Szymon Trocha" <>, "Nicolas Simar" <>, ,
  • Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: [perfsonar-user] Problem with configuration xml-ls (eXist)]
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 17:58:09 +0200

Hi Christian, All,
Thx for solution, my AS is working. I have tested it with the
PerfsonarUI and the xml respond is correct without errors ;).
Now I'm trying to configure RRD MA. Christian you said that you have
some experience with RRD MA. Could you write some useful information
about this service?
I stacked again with the configuration.
I think its again the eXist configuration. So from the beginning of
configuration site:

In basic configuration I choose the YES for the register with an LS and ....

* eXist configuration:

# Location of the eXist db ----> I leave like it is
(xmldb:exist://localhost:8080/exist/xmlrpc)
# eXist user and the password ----> like I specify in eXist configuration;
# eXist admin's password ----> my admin's password for eXist
# eXist OLD admin's password ----> what does it mean? why should I
change the admin's password?
# full path of the metadata configuration file -----> like it is
/opt/perfsonar/services/geant2-java-rrd-ma/WEB-INF/classes/perfsonar/conf/rrd-database_TEST.xm

* Administration Configuration
User and password like usual: perfsonaruser/perfsonarpass

* Authentication configuration
Shall I enable authentication ? If yes should I change something in
those two fields?

By default there is :
# URL address of the Authentication Service ----->
http://homer.rediris.es:8080/perfSONAR-AS/services/AuthService
Should I change it for my AS :
http://localhost:8080/geant2-java-es/services/AuthService
# Message types which should be authenticated ----> there already is
SetupDataRequest, MetadataKeyRequest.

Feel free to put any comments.
Thx

Regards,
Maciej Matachowski

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 3:56 PM, Cándido Rodríguez Montes