perfsonar-user - Re: [Fwd: Re: [perfsonar-user] Problem with configuration xml-ls (eXist)]

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [Fwd: Re: [perfsonar-user] Problem with configuration xml-ls (eXist)]

  • From: Szymon Trocha <>
  • To: Maciej Matachowski <>
  • Cc: Cándido Rodríguez Montes <>,
  • Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: [perfsonar-user] Problem with configuration xml-ls (eXist)]
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 10:21:32 +0200

Maciej Matachowski wrote:
Hi Christian, All,
Thx for solution, my AS is working. I have tested it with the
PerfsonarUI and the xml respond is correct without errors ;).

That's great!

Now I'm trying to configure RRD MA. Christian you said that you have
some experience with RRD MA. Could you write some useful information
about this service?

What do you want to know? Feel free to ask we will provide you information or pointers to information.

I stacked again with the configuration.
I think its again the eXist configuration. So from the beginning of
configuration site:

In basic configuration I choose the YES for the register with an LS and ....

* eXist configuration:
# Location of the eXist db ----> I leave like it is
(xmldb:exist://localhost:8080/exist/xmlrpc)

ok

# eXist user and the password ----> like I specify in eXist configuration;

ok. This if for RRD MA user in eXist.

# eXist admin's password ----> my admin's password for eXist

ok

# eXist OLD admin's password ----> what does it mean? why should I
change the admin's password?

This may look strange but it was required because there was an inconsistency when the user installed the service but eXist was already installed before and the admin password wan not empty. Beceause WebAdmin had no way to get the current admin password of eXist, the user needs to input it. If the user wishes to keep the old password he just retypes the old password in "eXist admin's password" field.

# full path of the metadata configuration file -----> like it is
/opt/perfsonar/services/geant2-java-rrd-ma/WEB-INF/classes/perfsonar/conf/rrd-database_TEST.xm

This is only an example metadata configuration file which comes with the service by default. It contains some test data to allow you verifying your service. In real environment you must create your own config file based on this template and the guide.
While initializing RD MA this XML file will be copied from this location to the eXist database

* Administration Configuration
User and password like usual: perfsonaruser/perfsonarpass

ok

* Authentication configuration
Shall I enable authentication ? If yes should I change something in
those two fields?

By default there is :
# URL address of the Authentication Service ----->
http://homer.rediris.es:8080/perfSONAR-AS/services/AuthService
Should I change it for my AS :
http://localhost:8080/geant2-java-es/services/AuthService
# Message types which should be authenticated ----> there already is
SetupDataRequest, MetadataKeyRequest.

I will leave AuthN questions for Candido.

Can you maybe tell me where did you see the main difficulty here? This is described in the MDM guide but we could of course improve it.

Thank you and regards,
--
Szymon Trocha

Poznan Supercomputing & Ntw. Center ::: NETWORK OPERATION CENTER
Tel. (+48 61) 8582022
http://noc.man.poznan.pl ::: http://noc.pionier.gov.pl