perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Problem with configuration xml-ls (eXist)

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Problem with configuration xml-ls (eXist)

  • From: Szymon Trocha <>
  • To: Maciej Matachowski <>
  • Cc: , Maciej Glowiak <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Problem with configuration xml-ls (eXist)
  • Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 11:03:33 +0200

Maciej Matachowski wrote:
Dear All,
I wanted to establish Perfsonar 3.0 on one of our servers. I'm
proceeding with the instruction which I found in download folder. I'm
using Debian Linux distribution (Ubuntu 8.04).
I stacked with the lookup service. I configure xml-ls
(locaslhost:8080/xml-ls) and I want to setup basic configuration so I
specify the eXist's user and the password but after I have an error
message which says that the password is invalid. So I have created a
new user in eXist db and reloaded all services and done this
operation again. The problem is still this same. I attached the error
message with this email. If you know there is the problem feel free to
inform me.

Hi Maciej,

This looks like a problem with administrative priviledges for eXist i.e. Web Admin couldn't create ls collection in eXist.

Please note that in BasicConfiguration one has three fields. I must agree their description is not clear enough. One has the following fields:

"Specify the service username for the exist user" - where you can put some new username (or leave default) for Lookup Service to eXist access

"Specify the administration password for exist" - where you put some password (or leave default) for the above username

Specify the administration password for exist - where you should put a password for eXist "admin" user. You should remove the asterisk and provide some password (provided you have not yet changed the admin password before e.g. you want the LS to initialize the DB)

Did you use previously configured and containing data eXist or you let LS initialize the database?

Try to test you eXist admin password logging into eXist directly: http://your_server:8080/exist/index.xml then go to Administration->Admin

Szymon Trocha

Poznan Supercomputing & Ntw. Center ::: NETWORK OPERATION CENTER
Tel. (+48 61) 8582022
http://noc.man.poznan.pl ::: http://noc.pionier.gov.pl