perfsonar-user - Re: package is missing (perfsonar3.0)

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: package is missing (perfsonar3.0)

  • From: Szymon Trocha <>
  • To: Maciej Matachowski <>
  • Cc: , , Sathya Rao <>,
  • Subject: Re: package is missing (perfsonar3.0)
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 08:20:32 +0200

Maciej Matachowski wrote:
Dear Network Engineers,
We are trying to deploy the new Perfsonar 3.0 but there is a problem.
I'm afraid that one of the packages is missing in the downloadable
folder of Perfsonar 3.0. I'm using the instruction available under
this link
http://downloads.perfsonar.eu/bundles/perfsonar-mdm-bundle/3.0/perfSONAR-MDM-3.0-Admin-Guide.pdf
.
We wanted to install the "eXist" package (fedora/debian) with is a
part of the pre-installations tasks but it does not exist. If I
install the eXist from the http://exist.sourceforge.net/download.html
(skipping package perfsonar-exist) and follow (proceed) with
instruction it says that execlly this package is needed to continue
with others steps.
Could you please check and fix this problem.

Hi Maciej,

You want to install perfsonar-exist, aren't you?

I see you problem. The Admin Guide in par 2.3.5 provides wrong URL for Debian users. I'm sorry about that.
You will find all deb dependencies including eXist and Tomcat here:
http://downloads.perfsonar.eu/dependencies/debian/

Hope it helps. Let us know.

Szymon Trocha

Poznan Supercomputing & Ntw. Center ::: NETWORK OPERATION CENTER
Tel. (+48 61) 8582022
http://noc.man.poznan.pl ::: http://noc.pionier.gov.pl