perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] PerfSONAR 2.0 RRD-MA installation

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] PerfSONAR 2.0 RRD-MA installation

  • From: Frederic LOUI <>
  • To: Loukik Kudarimoti <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] PerfSONAR 2.0 RRD-MA installation
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 16:55:16 +0200

Loukik Kudarimoti a écrit :
Frederic,

Deploy your service, test and then restart tomcat. As soon as you restart, go over these steps *in order* to check where it misbehaves.

1) Check tomcat --- http://193.49.159.135:8180
-- tomcat happiness page should display

2) Check service files --- http://193.49.159.135:8180/perfSONAR-RRD-MA-2.0
-- Apache axis home page should display

3) Check list of services deployed --- http://193.49.159.135:8180/perfSONAR-RRD-MA-2.0/servlet/AxisServlet
you should be able to see the Measurement Archive Service (along with Admin Service and version)

4) Check deployment --- http://193.49.159.135:8180/perfSONAR-RRD-MA-2.0/services/MeasurementArchiveService
you should be able to see some text saying..hi there this is an axis service

Please let us know at which step it fails...

Loukik.

Frederic LOUI wrote:
Loukik Kudarimoti a écrit :
Frederic,

You only have to deploy once. No matter how many times you restart tomcat, your deployment will still be in place.

It is just what I thought ! But the only way top overcome this issue is to deploy ...
Anyway, I'll restart tomcat right now.
Could you try to restart tomcat once more and see if you can still access the URL? The URL that you have provided below is local (internal address range). Is there a public URL which I can access?
Public URL should be http://193.49.159.135:8180/perfSONAR-RRD-MA-2.0/services/MeasurementArchiveService
I'm not sure whether you can reach this URL from this outside.

Please let me know
Bgrds/Fred
Loukik.

Hello Loukik,

It seems that (finally) PerfSONAR RRD-MA 2.0 is installed
and using PerfSONARUI 0.10 I validated the installation using the TEST file in PerfSONAR 2.0 bundle.
So let's say assume that it is a clean installation.

Now I would like to export our own RRD data through RRD-MA 2.0. To that purpose:
- I just want to use the existing RRD METADATA file. (the one used with PerfSONAR 1.0)
- The rrd file are imported through nfs.

However, as a "newbie" I got few questions (knowing that I followed the PerfSONAR 2.0 installation page)
1- The "RRD MA Stitching" section seems to be incomplete: (For RRD MA Stitching, refer to:) Now the question is where to go from now ?
2- The "rrd-database_TEST.xml" has validated the installation but at this stage how to use our own RRD-METADATA file ?
I understood that there is the service.properties file to update... but is there a document indicating the exact steps when we want to publish the information ?
(I.e: update service.ma.conf_file in service.properties / relaunch the install script / re-populate exist database / stop-start tomcat and so on ...)
3- In PerfSONAR 2.0 RRD-MAversion, do we have to update the format of the existing RRD METADATA file ?
(Note that this file is working well with PYTHON RRD-MA ). If yes, that would explain why the current file is not working with RRD-MA 2.0...
4- I managed to find documentation for RRD-MA in PerfSONAR wiki but it was difficult to know if it is outdated information
(i.e info related to older version of RRD MA, info not relevant) Maybe It could be great to have documentation for RRD-MA tied to 2.0 bundle ?

This was just my "2 cents" feedback as a newcomer.
Anyway, thanks in advance for your help.

Hope to hear from you soon
Best regards/Frederic

--
Frederic LOUI / GIP RENATER

Service de Suivi Operationnel / Metrologie & QoS
Network Operations Service / Metrology & QoS

Tel: +33 1 53 94 20 40 / Fax: +33 1 53 94 20 31
http://www.renater.fr