perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Re: [pS-dev] Re: PerfSONAR deployment

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Re: [pS-dev] Re: PerfSONAR deployment

  • From: Chris Welti <>
  • To: Szymon Trocha <>
  • Cc: , Giovanni Cesaroni <>, Alessandro Inzerilli <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Re: [pS-dev] Re: PerfSONAR deployment
  • Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 22:42:03 +0200

Szymon Trocha wrote:
>> 2- during installation I got this error:
>> mv: cannot stat `client/MA*': No such file or directory
>> (the same for LS)
>
> ... and the installation process completed successfully.
>
> This kind of problem appeared some time ago for Chris Welti (end of
> August) and the suggestion was that installation scripts probably failed
> somewhere in and the installer has probably stuck in a directory that is
> not the starting root.

If I remember correctly, the issue was that these files were already moved
from a previous installation attempt. If you run the installation script
once, then you can *not* use it again from the same directory, as the
installation "source" has changed.
Maybe you should use cp instead of mv :)

Regards,
Chris