perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] RE: How to add MA to perfsonar UI

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] RE: How to add MA to perfsonar UI

  • From: "Vedrin Jeliazkov" <>
  • To:
  • Cc: <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] RE: How to add MA to perfsonar UI
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 19:11:11 +0300
  • Disposition-notification-to: "Vedrin Jeliazkov" <>

Hi Luis,

"Luis Marta"

> Hi.
>
> I've already added the line corresponding to my RRD-MA to the MA.conf file
> on the bin folder of perfSONAR-UI.
> When i select the Endpoint i created, i see the corresponding Interface on
> the perfSONAR-UI.
> My problem begins before all that. The interface i see is from the host
> "test-hostName", IP "10.1.2.3", ifName "test-0", and all the other default
> values that appear when anyone installs the RRD-MA.
> What i would like to know is where do I configure the RRD-MA to change those
> values to my internal Interfaces. What files must i change. Are those files
> inside the eXist database? One file per RRD?

When you've installed your MA, you've answered a question about the name of
the rrd database config file to be used by the service (the default answer is
rrd-database_TEST.xml). This is the file you should edit in order to include
your specific interface metadata and data. It summarizes this info for all the
interfaces. If you'd like to change the name of the file, you should edit the
following line in $PERFSONAR/conf/service.properties.ma

service.ma.conf_file=/usr/local/etc/rrd-database_ISTF.xml

and restart the service after that.

If you've configured your service to use eXist, than you should import the
above mentioned rrd-database_*.xml file in eXist.

Best regards,
Vedrin