perfsonar-announce - Re: POODLE: SSLv3.0 vulnerability (CVE-2014-3566)

Subject: perfSONAR Announcements

Re: POODLE: SSLv3.0 vulnerability (CVE-2014-3566)

  • From: Jason Zurawski <>
  • To: perfsonar-user <>, perfsonar-announce <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: POODLE: SSLv3.0 vulnerability (CVE-2014-3566)
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 09:09:19 -0700

Hi All;

Just to finalize this discussion for others that may not be following closely
- Roderick's patch below does work for the common/generic use case for
perfSONAR Toolkits. If you are using special mods as in Trey's case (for
puppet or other things), your Apache configuration could be modified and
require additional changes. We would still recommend people use the RPMs, as
they solve the portions the Toolkit manages.

Other note - we have not seen upstream patches for the SSL libraries as of
yet, so our solution of disabling SSLv3 completely is still the best bet.

Thanks;

-jason

On Oct 16, 2014, at 8:43 AM, Trey Dockendorf