netsec-sig - [Security-WG] I2 - DRAFT routing security survey

Subject: Internet2 Network Security SIG

[Security-WG] I2 - DRAFT routing security survey

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: [Security-WG] I2 - DRAFT routing security survey
  • Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2016 14:25:42 +0000
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23:xiEy+x07Tjd++gKxsmDT+DRfVm0co7zxezQtwd8ZsegRKPad9pjvdHbS+e9qxAeQG96KsbQU2qGL4ujJYi8p2d65qncMcZhBBVcuqP49uEgeOvODElDxN/XwbiY3T4xoXV5h+GynYwAOQJ6tL2PbrnD61zMOABK3bVMzfbWvXN6DxJnmn8mJuLTrKz1SgzS8Zb4gZD6Xli728vcsvI15N6wqwQHIqHYbM85fxGdvOE7B102kvpT4yqV+6DxdsO4N8MtJUKOyP/hpDO8QMDNzKG0++dfqqQiGUgSn530AX38QnwYSRQXJ8ULAU4/1oxf94+V20jOdIsv3U+4cVjGr7qMtQxjt2wkdMDts/2rdkMtviqNF/jquohV+x8jfZ4TGZ7JFYqrBcIZCFiJ6VcFLWnkdU44=

Google Forms
Good Morning folks!

If you have some time I’d appreciate it if you could take a look at the following DRAFT survey. I’m not asking you to respond "for real" but instead to see if you think the survey is going in the right direction.

The intent is, once we think we have it massaged enough, to send it to the NTAC, this security working group, and the attendees of the routing security workshop at the 2016 Technology Exchange in Miami. Our goal is to take the responses and then formulate it in to a kind of Best Practices paper for the R&E community targeted at both end-site and transit providers. But, more than a Best Practices paper, we’d like to make sure we capture some of the nuance in each area so folks can make a better informed decision about what to implement. We've artificially scoped it down to just the topics in RFC7454, and could, in the future, spawn off other projects around other areas.

If you have time I'd really appreciate your feedback.

-Grover
DRAFT - R&E Community Routing Security Practices
Based on feedback from the Routing Security workshop atTechnology Exchange, we're performing a survey about routing security practices in the R&E community. The goal is to eventually provided resources on a website that help operators make an informed decision about which protections to implement and what their peers are doing.

To this end, we're interested in learning more about your experiences with the following technologies. Positive, negative, and other, these comments will be useful in helping formulate a paper with a real discussion about each of these ,focused on both end-sites and transit providers.

If you represent both an end-site and transit provider then feel free to take the survey twice, once for each organization.

Many of the questions are Yes/No, or other simple choices. We would like to encourage you to use the free text fields to provide nuance and explanations to your answers. This nuance is far more important than the Yes/No answer. We'll use the nuance to help provide guidance on that specific area in paper that will result.
FILL OUT FORM
Create your own Google Form