ndt-users - Re: which plug-in does NDT require (Fedora 14/Chrome)?

Subject: ndt-users list created

Re: which plug-in does NDT require (Fedora 14/Chrome)?

  • From: Jason Zurawski <>
  • To: Larry Vaden <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: which plug-in does NDT require (Fedora 14/Chrome)?
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 09:00:34 -0400

Hey Larry;

NDT is still supported by Internet2 and the R&E community, but as a "mature" project it doesn't have a roadmap that leads to new features. Bugfixes (either for critical security items or incorrect output in the network heuristic identification) are still in the forefront of the project's mind. Lately there has been a lot of help from the MLab community (http://measurementlab.org/) which has adopted NDT as one of the testers used in the FCC broadband plan. We hope to see a lot more contributions in the near future, and this will ensure that the code doesn't go away anytime soon.

Thanks;

-jason