ndt-users - Re: which plug-in does NDT require (Fedora 14/Chrome)?

Subject: ndt-users list created

Re: which plug-in does NDT require (Fedora 14/Chrome)?

  • From: Jason Zurawski <>
  • To: Larry Vaden <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: which plug-in does NDT require (Fedora 14/Chrome)?
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 08:51:37 -0400

Hey Larry;

From what I can remember of this problem, copying from a Java applet that is unsigned is a security risk. Many [most?] browsers (Chrome, FF, and Safari in my experience) disallow by default use of the ctrl-c/ctrl-v keys or selecting from the menu. The "copy" button is mostly likely broken - I will file a bug to see if there is anything we can do to get around this.

While not ideal, screen captures may be the only way to transfer the information from the tests until we can sort out the problem.

Thanks;

-jason

On 3/17/11 7:57 AM, Larry Vaden wrote:
On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 8:40 AM, Jason
Zurawski<>
wrote:
Hey Larry;

From what I remember of linux plugin management, it usually involves
creating symbolic links between the browser plugin directory and the home of
the plugin. I found this, perhaps its useful:

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Chrome/thread?tid=788a8995dc8cfcac&hl=en

Good luck;

-jason

Good morning, Jason.

Thanks, the link was a good starting point and what worked was

sudo ln -s /usr/java/jre1.6.0_24/lib/i386/libnpjp2.so
/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libnpjp2.so

Somewhat OT, but sometimes one has|wants to go there :)

Now, the issue is that Chrome doesn't copy to the clipboard on the
minimal results window and the copy button on the details window is
not active.

IOW, I can't publish the results!

If you have any thoughts, please share ...

kind regards/ldv