ndt-users - Re: Middlebox test failed

Subject: ndt-users list created

Re: Middlebox test failed

  • From: Rich Carlson <>
  • To: Ben Carbery <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: Middlebox test failed
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 09:27:19 -0400

Hi Ben;

1st make sure the web100 patch got installed and you have booted into that kernel. Look for the /proc/web100 directory. Also run the web100 'readall' command as root.

If this is OK then try adding the '-4' option to the NDT server daemon (/usr/local/sbin/web100srv). This tells the server to use only IPv4 addresses. The NDT system uses mapped IPv4 addresses and it did tickle a bug in the web100 userland library. If that works, you can find a patch for the lib by searching this list archive.

Let us know what you find and we'll help you get going. As for the version numbers. The Java applet and the server daemon version numbers got out of sync during the development process. A few months ago I decided to merge them and I used the daemon version number as the base. This dropped the applet from 5.5.4a back to the 3.6.x number. (FWIW a 5.5.4a applet runs a 3.4.4a daemon.)

Rich