ndt-users - Re: gigabit slower than fast-e

Subject: ndt-users list created

Re: gigabit slower than fast-e

  • From: Jeremy Schafer <>
  • To: Richard Carlson <>
  • Cc: Matt Mathis <>, Bill Abbott <>, Matthew J Zekauskas <>,
  • Subject: Re: gigabit slower than fast-e
  • Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 09:07:49 -0500

Rich,

I have already pointed him to our NDT servers. He is able to get upwards of 900Mb to our 1Gb-connected servers. So it looks like internally everything seems to be fine. I've also reached out to him in case there is something else I could do. My group also runs the major networking equipment at the University.

Thanks for all of your help.

Richard Carlson wrote:
Matt;

http://ndt.newy.net.internet2.edu:8000/ServerData/pdb-a-linux-3.rutgers.edu:2008-03-06-21:34:33.html has the data. I can send you any of the server files if you want/need to look at something.

I've sent an email to the MAGPI director asking if/when they will install a server so we can test that portion of the path. It would also be great if the Rutgers folks had a local campus server as well. Note that you can easily stand up a test server using the Knoppix based NPToolkit ISO image. Just download, burn, and boot the image found at http://e2epi.internet2.edu/network-performance-toolkit/network-performance-toolkit.iso to get started.

Rich

--
Jeremy Schafer
Network Architecture & Applications