ndt-users - Re: Possible fix for protocol error problem

Subject: ndt-users list created

Re: Possible fix for protocol error problem

  • From: Richard Carlson <>
  • To: Christopher Nicholas Florio <>
  • Cc: Jeremy Schafer <>,
  • Subject: Re: Possible fix for protocol error problem
  • Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 10:36:39 -0400

Hi Chris & Jeremy;

OK, I think the problem is that the server queuing data in the send buffer and it is taking too long to drain this queue so the timer expires, killing the client and generating the error message. I've modified the code to limit the server queue space. I'll need to do a little more work to dynamically set the queue size, but I've posted a version with a small queue size that hopefully will fix your problem.

Please try this new version and let me know what happens. Download it from
http://people.internet2.edu/~rcarlson/ndt-files/NPtoolkit_v1.8c.iso

Rich