ndt-users - NDT 3.4.1 problems

Subject: ndt-users list created

NDT 3.4.1 problems

  • From: Matthew Clarkson <>
  • To:
  • Subject: NDT 3.4.1 problems
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 15:11:17 -0600

I just upgraded our NDT server from 3.1.4b -> 3.4.1 and the program now fails after clicking on START button on the web interface. Using either Safari or Firefox on my Mac, after I click on START the button greys out but I do not receive any output from the server. On windows I receive either 'Protocol error!' or 'FAILED!' after every line. when running web100srv with the '-a -ddd' switches I receive the following output when trying to connect to the server via a web browser

New connection received, waiting for accept() to complete
Telling client 9341 testing will begin now
Queue pointer = 9341, testing = 1, waiting = 1
Waiting for new connection, timer running
now = 1184969377 Process started at 1184969374, run time = 3
Timer expired while waiting for a new connection
Queue pointer = 9341, testing = 1, waiting = 1
Waiting for new connection, timer running
.
.
.

which continually loops over and over to no end until I stop the browser from trying to load the page, at which the debug messages display

ERROR: Tests initialization failed (1)
Successfully returned from run_test() routine
Signal 17 received by process 9336
now = 1184969381 Process started at 1184969374, run time = 7
Queue pointer = 9341, testing = 1, waiting = 1
Received SIGCHLD signal for active web100srv process [9336]
wait3() returned 0 for PID=9341
wexitstatus = '0'
Timer not running, waiting for new connection

My machine has the following software installed

- Slackware 10.2
- web100 patched 2.6.22 kernel (with the latest patches, these are loaded properly on boot up as verified by the dmesg)
- web100_userland-1.6
- j2sdk1.4.2_12
- ndt-3.4.1

Also, if I revert to ndt 3.1.4b by doing a 'make install' from within the old source directory the server runs properly again, but as the old version.

Does anyone know why I may be experiencing these problems, I'm unsure where to look next when troubleshooting this problem, thanks for any help in advance.

--
Matthew Clarkson
Netera Alliance