ndt-users - bwctld limitis of java plugin - Is this possible ?

Subject: ndt-users list created

bwctld limitis of java plugin - Is this possible ?

  • From: Dimitrios Kalogeras <>
  • To:
  • Subject: bwctld limitis of java plugin - Is this possible ?
  • Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 22:06:48 +0200

Hi to all of you,
I have set up an ndt wks using the Network Performance Toolkit (Knoppix)
image on a Vmware host. I am trying to customize it with different
profiles. Specifically I have modified the /usr/local/etc/bwctld.limits
file for ADSL usage, authenticated by an IP prefix list. The profile
has the following description:

limit adsl with parent=root, \
bandwidth=1m, \
duration=90, \
allow_tcp=off, \
allow_udp=on, \
allow_open_mode=on

When I connect to the web server through the java plugin I notice no
particular difference except the default setup.

So Is it possible to drive the plugin to read the aforementioned file ?
Is it possible to force the client to connect with udp ?

Cheers,
Dimitris

Dimitrios K. Kalogeras

Electrical Engineer Ph.D.
Network Manager
NTUA/GR-Net Network Management Center
icq: 11887484
voice: +30-210-772 1863
fax: +30-210-772 1866
e-mail:

pub 1024D/71A87DFA 2006-04-27 [expires: 2006-07-26] Dimitrios
Kalogeras
<>
Key fingerprint = CCB7 77A1 0645 A3A3 30EA 381B D594 4322 71A8 7DFA