ndt-users - RE: Re: Ashamed to ask but...

Subject: ndt-users list created

RE: Re: Ashamed to ask but...

  • From: Richard Carlson <>
  • To: "Nash, Jason" <>, "''" <>
  • Subject: RE: Re: Ashamed to ask but...
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 09:58:28 -0500

Hi Jason;

At 10:49 PM 2/15/2006, Nash, Jason wrote:

Thank you very much for your help. That was the problem. I really appreciate
all your hard work on this project. Just so you know after I got everything
working I ran speed tests on our WAN connections. We have multiple 45 meg
ethernet connections, one of the connections tested out at only 10 mbps.
Found out that the provider had a misconfigured etherenet interface. So for
3 or 4 years we have been paying for 45 mbps and only getting 10. Without
NDT we probably never would have noticed it.
Thank you again!

Thanks for the support. I'm glad you have found the tool useful.

That being said I do have one more question. I'm trying to find the oldest
verision of java that I can so that I don't have to upgrade the java client
on my winxp box's. I'm currently using j2sdk1.4.2_10, but that ver is still
to new. Is there a ver that will work?

I started developing this tool with the 1.2.2 SDK, and so far every version I've tried has worked. I think the answer is, you can fall back to an earlier SDK version without concern, other than the questions about Sun support for old SDK versions.

Best Regards;
Rich Carlson