ndt-dev - Re: [ndt-dev] ndt 3.7.0 -rc1 testing

Subject: NDT-DEV email list created

Re: [ndt-dev] ndt 3.7.0 -rc1 testing

  • From: Jakub Slawinski <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [ndt-dev] ndt 3.7.0 -rc1 testing
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 09:26:39 +0100

Hi,

this is an old issue (https://code.google.com/p/ndt/issues/detail?id=36), which we should probably fix right after the release.

Regards,
  Jakub.

On 01/28/2015 08:18 PM, Aaron Brown wrote:
> Hey Jordan,
>
> Unhelpfully, the files are compressed using DEFLATE not gzip (.gz file extension notwithstanding). There may be better ways to decompress them, but this seems to work:
>
>  openssl zlib -d < s2c.ndttrace.gz > s2c.ndttrace
>
> Cheers,
> Aaron
>
>> On Jan 28, 2015, at 2:01 PM, Jordan McCarthy wrote:

Sure - I've uploaded a couple of samples to:

http://files.opentechinstitute.org/~mccarthy/c2s.ndttrace.gz

http://files.opentechinstitute.org/~mccarthy/s2c.ndttrace.gz

Jordan McCarthy
Open Technology Institute | New America
Public Key: 0xC08D8042 | 4A61 3D39 4125 127D 65EA DDC2 BFBD A2E9 C08D 8042

On 01/28/2015 01:57 PM, Aaron Brown wrote:
>>> Hey Jordan,
>>>
>>> I’m not sure on the ndttrace stuff. Could you send one?
>>>
>>> Cheers, Aaron

>>> Hi Aaron, Ah yes - I remember seeing that thread now.  Thanks for
>>> the explanation, and sorry for the noise!
>>>
>>> One other observation, probably also an artifact of me having
>>> missed a thread somewhere: although the ndttrace files are back,
>>> they consistently refuse to be decompressed, claiming to be "not in
>>> gzip format."  Am I doing something wrong here?
>>>
>>> (M-Lab is in somewhat urgent need of recent NDT trace files, so
>>> this issue is weirdly important to us right now).
>>>
>>> Thanks, Jordan
>>>

>>> Jordan McCarthy Open Technology Institute | New America Public Key:
>>> 0xC08D8042 | 4A61 3D39 4125 127D 65EA DDC2 BFBD A2E9 C08D 8042

This should fix the mxmlc error that Peter encountered,

. Could folks test both, and make sure they work? My