ndt-dev - Re: [ndt-dev] ndt websocket protocol?

Subject: NDT-DEV email list created

Re: [ndt-dev] ndt websocket protocol?

  • From: Will Hawkins <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [ndt-dev] ndt websocket protocol?
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 16:32:09 -0400

Hey Aaron!

Full disclosure: I haven't read your entire note yet. However, I wanted
to respond quickly and let you know that at OTI we are in the process of
developing a browser plugin to run NDT clients. We are leaning to
targeting Firefox first and their SDK promotes the use of Javascript for
developing extensions. The possibility is there for us to reuse that
code extensively and swap out websockets for the extension-only i/o
functions.

We are in the process of doing some performance testing to determine
whether the throughout of the SDK network i/o is fast enough to support
NDT. Once we are done with that, we will send out the results. Then, we
can compare it with the throughput of websockets.

Does that sound reasonable?

:-)

Will