ndt-dev - Re: [ndt-dev] c code style

Subject: NDT-DEV email list created

Re: [ndt-dev] c code style

  • From: Dominic Hamon <>
  • To: Aaron Brown <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [ndt-dev] c code style
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 12:36:09 -0700

On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 6:48 AM, Aaron Brown <> wrote:
Hey Dominic,

On Oct 26, 2012, at 4:10 PM, Dominic Hamon wrote:

Is there an existing code style for the c code in ndt? I noticed that some of the files seem to have odd wrapping and indenting, but that might be a mistake due to merging in the past.

I'd like to clean up the code formatting but I don't know what style to use.

As long as it's standardized and easy to reproduce, I don't have a strong opinion on the matter. My only preference would be to use one that minimizes the amount of change from the existing scheme (to avoid unnecessary churn).

I understand. My preference would be the Google C++ style (http://google-styleguide.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/cppguide.xml) which is pretty much what ndt follows, except for the indentation.

I'm happy to fix up the existing code to the style, but I understand that might be too much change 'just' for formatting. WDYT?

Cheers,
Aaron

TIP2013, University of Hawaii Mānoa
January 13 - January 17, 2013, Honolulu, HI
http://events.internet2.edu/2013/tip/