mw-announce - E-Mail Security BoF: I2 Fall Member Meeting

Subject: Middleware Announcements

E-Mail Security BoF: I2 Fall Member Meeting

  • From: Renee Frost <>
  • To:
  • Subject: E-Mail Security BoF: I2 Fall Member Meeting
  • Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 10:19:12 -0400

E-Mail Security BoF
Fall Internet2 Member Meeting, Austin, TX
Sunday 26-Sep-04 7:00 -9:00 PM
http://events.internet2.edu/2004/fall-mm/

Securing e-mail is an ever-growing priority for the enterprise, particularly
HIPAA) and the ever-growing spam problem. Recent sender-verification efforts
such as Sender Policy Framework (SPF) and Sender ID are gaining traction,
and various approaches to mail signing and encryption are still struggling
for broad acceptance.

This BoF is co-sponsored by the Internet2 MACE-MList working group and
SALSA, and will discuss these issues in the context of R&E, with an eye
toward guidance for mail administrators seeking help in navigating these
issues.

http://security.internet2.edu/salsa/
http://middleware.internet2.edu/mlist/

  • E-Mail Security BoF: I2 Fall Member Meeting, Renee Frost, 09/03/2004