mw-announce - Fall 2004 Internet2 Member Meeting Proposal Deadline extended

Subject: Middleware Announcements

Fall 2004 Internet2 Member Meeting Proposal Deadline extended

  • From: Laurie Burns <>
  • To: , , , , , , , , ,
  • Cc: ,
  • Subject: Fall 2004 Internet2 Member Meeting Proposal Deadline extended
  • Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 13:57:34 -0400

Dear Colleagues,

I want to alert you to the Call for Proposals for the Fall 2004 Internet2 Member Meeting, scheduled for September 27-30, in Austin, Texas.  The original deadline for proposals has been extended to Monday, June 7.   If you are working on a submission but don’t expect to have it fully described by next Monday, please complete as much of the submission form as possible (see link below) and submit it by the deadline. We will follow up with you at a later date to get the complete submission.

For Fall 2004, the Program Committee is seeking proposals that focus on opportunities and challenges in the following areas:
 - Case studies (including actual demonstrations where possible) of working applications or projects that incorporate advanced networks to enhance research, teaching, and learning
 - Network infrastructures
 - Implications for the research community of cyberinfrastructure initiatives
 - Security for advanced networks
 - Middleware
 - Collaborations
 - Management issues for advanced networking
 - K/20

More detailed information about the focus areas and a proposal submission form can be found at the following URLs:

http://events.internet2.edu/2004/fall-mm/callforproposals.html

http://events.internet2.edu/2004/fall-mm/proposalsubmissionform.cfm

The original deadline for the Call for Demos has also been extended to Friday, June 11. For more details, see:

http://events.internet2.edu/2004/fall-mm/callfordemos.html

I urge you to circulate this information to others on your campus or in your organization.  Thank you in advance for your participation in Internet2's programs!

Best regards,

         Laurie

Laurie Burns, Director of Application Programs and Member Activities
Internet2
3025 Boardwalk, Suite 100
Ann Arbor, MI 48108
Office:  (734) 913-4251
Cell:  (734) 604-9558

  • Fall 2004 Internet2 Member Meeting Proposal Deadline extended, Laurie Burns, 06/03/2004