megaconference - Re: [Megacon] Video conference back drops

Subject: Megaconference

Re: [Megacon] Video conference back drops

  • From: Todd Austin <>
  • To: Koorus Bookan <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [Megacon] Video conference back drops
  • Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 10:25:49 -0500

Hi, Jon.

The red definitely feels problematical. Talk with your A/V production folks about appropriate color schemes for video backgrounds. That being said, I have rooms dedicated to VC work that are shades of blue, green, and grey and all work well.

Beyond that, you'll be wanting to choose a color that is about 50% reflective. This will help your VC equipment grab an exposure that will allow you to see the details in any face, regardless of the amount of melanin in the person's skin.

Regards,

Todd

Todd L. Austin
Videoconferencing Lead
LSA Instructional Support Services
University of Michigan

Office:  G333 Mason Hall
Mail:  G353 Mason Hall
419 South State Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1027

office:  734-647-1534

Register now for a Blue Jeans workshop at: