megaconference - RE: [Megacon] linking up with developing countries

Subject: Megaconference

RE: [Megacon] linking up with developing countries

  • From: Eric Miller <>
  • To: <>, <>
  • Subject: RE: [Megacon] linking up with developing countries
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 23:34:48 +0530

Dear Megacon Community,

Hello!  I am teaching at the Indian Institute of Technology-Madras
( www.iitm.ac.in ) (in Chennai) these days, and have been called
upon to arrange a videoconference for the 30-odd undergrad
Engineering students in a Communication Class.  Sometime in
Sept.  This is just to demonstrate videoconferencing for them
(and faculty), to enable them to experience a good conversa-
tional videoconference.

I would be most grateful for any suggestions -- of what might
be interesting for the students on the India side (and for the
students on the other side?).

The IIT-M has plenty fast Internet, so this would not not be
an issue it seems.

It would be nice to do a live relay webcast of the videoconference,
so other people around India and elsewhere could send in e-mails
to be responded to during the event.

A recording of a videoconference I helped to arrange last year
(between people at IIT-M and Indiana U) is accessible at
http://tinyurl.com/archived-webcast-of-videoconf .
Info about the event is at
http://www.storytellinginstitute.org/36.html .

Many thanks,

- Eric
Chennai (on India's southeast coast)

Dr Eric Miller (PhD in Folklore)
www.storytellingandvideoconferencing.com

Director, World Storytelling Institute,
and Chennai Storytelling Association,
www.storytellinginstitute.org

Co-facilitator, Indian Storytelling Network,
www.indianstorytellingnetwork.org