megaconference - [Megacon] linking up with developing countries

Subject: Megaconference

[Megacon] linking up with developing countries

  • From: "Todd L. Austin" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: [Megacon] linking up with developing countries
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 13:11:19 -0400

Hi All,

I'm working to support a number of faculty who are interested in co-teaching
classes with institutions in less-developed countries.

We're finding that available connection speeds in these locations are either
quite slow (256K uplink, for example), or insanely expensive ($4500/month for
512/256), or both.

It's my understanding that H.323 is going to want a symmetric 1Mbps link to
run properly.

What are others doing to solve problems of this kind?

Thanks in advance,

Todd

Todd L. Austin
Videoconferencing