mace-opensaml-users - Re: [OpenSAML] Marshaling an Extension

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: [OpenSAML] Marshaling an Extension

  • From: Brent Putman <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [OpenSAML] Marshaling an Extension
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 18:58:50 -0400

On 5/19/11 10:54 AM, rangeli nepal wrote:
> Good Morning Scott,
>
> I like to differ with you.
>
> I am using,
>
> import org.opensaml.saml2.common.Extensions;
> import org.opensaml.saml2.common.impl.ExtensionsBuilder;
>

> ExtensionBuilder looks like following. Thus creating md:Extensions is
> obvious if I use default buildObject() method.

Even though it's supposed to be a "common" class, it has a buildObject()
that defaults to building the metadata one. That probably increases the
confusion. If this had come up a few days earlier, I probably would
have just gone in and fixed all this up. But since the just-released
2.5.0 is likely to be the last release of 2.x, there's probably not much
point. We should fix for 3.x, I think.