mace-opensaml-users - Re: [OpenSAML] Marshaling an Extension

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: [OpenSAML] Marshaling an Extension

  • From: Brent Putman <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [OpenSAML] Marshaling an Extension
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 18:56:33 -0400

On 5/19/11 10:20 AM, Cantor, Scott E. wrote:

> Then you're probably using the wrong Extensions classes, I'm sure there
> are parallel objects in the other package.

Actually there isn't. For reasons obscured by history, whoever
implemented that originally chose to have just a common Extensions
provider, which is used for both the metadata and protocols Extensions
elements (other than the namespace, they have the same schema). I
personally wouldn't have chosen to do it that way b/c I think it's
confusing, but that's the way it is.