mace-opensaml-users - RE: [OpenSAML] openssl initialization

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: [OpenSAML] openssl initialization

  • From: "Cantor, Scott E." <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [OpenSAML] openssl initialization
  • Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 19:15:16 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

> Context is Shibboleth.

Hmm. Can you maybe start by opening a bug on what's failing under what
conditions? I don't know of any issues like this.

> I was just trying to do a little basic debugging and poking
> through the source to see what was causing the error messages
> in the log. Determining where the errors were being generated,
> and that openssl wasn't initialized was pretty easy. But how
> shibd/xmltooling/xmlsecurity all fits together and gets initialized
> is another matter.

There's an init at the libshibsp level that initializes opensaml and
xmltooling directly, and those handle everything else.

There's no call to anything in the system until that completes.