mace-opensaml-users - Re: [OpenSAML] openssl initialization

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: [OpenSAML] openssl initialization

  • From: Mike Brennan <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [OpenSAML] openssl initialization
  • Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 13:00:30 -0600 (CST)

> > Bottom line, then: An object of type OpenSSLCryptoProvider needs to
> > be instantiated for the necessary openssl initializations to be completed.
> > Does xmltooling or shibd expect this has been done before the first call
> > SecurityHelper::doHash()? Where and at what point would the first
> > OpenSSLCryptoProvider be created?
>
> I would have thought that the XMLToolingConfig::init method handled this by
> virtue of initializing xml-security, but are you saying it's not?
>
> What's the context here, Shibboleth or something else?
>
> -- Scott

Context is Shibboleth.

Well, at this point I'm not making any claims because I'm not
familiar enough with the libraries and their source to know
how it's all supposed to work.

I was just trying to do a little basic debugging and poking
through the source to see what was causing the error messages
in the log. Determining where the errors were being generated,
and that openssl wasn't initialized was pretty easy. But how
shibd/xmltooling/xmlsecurity all fits together and gets initialized
is another matter.