mace-opensaml-users - Re: [OpenSAML] Regarding SAML artifact size

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: [OpenSAML] Regarding SAML artifact size

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [OpenSAML] Regarding SAML artifact size
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 06:55:40 -0500

OpenSAML already has support for the various defined artifacts, so you don't need to implement those specifically. As far as which type to use, it's up to you. Personally I find type 4 artifacts, the one you're talking about, a lot easier to use than the other ones because it doesn't require looking up data via hashes or other such work.