mace-opensaml-users - RE: [OpenSAML] How to add encryptedAttribute to AttributeQuery

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: [OpenSAML] How to add encryptedAttribute to AttributeQuery

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: [OpenSAML] How to add encryptedAttribute to AttributeQuery
  • Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 13:42:26 -0400

> I wonder if it is possible to add an encrypted attribute directly into a
> AttributeQuery. While I can add attribute by using
> AttributeQuery.getAttributes().add(attribute), there is not such methode
> for encrypted attribute. Did anybody here try to do it at all?

It isn't schema valid or supported by SAML. Queries generally are back
channel messages and SSL is used for confidentiality, in the unusual case
that values would even be specified. But XML encryption isn't possible
there.

Most value filtering would also occur on attribute types whose values
themselves wouldn't tend to be sensitive information.