mace-opensaml-users - Re: Metadata Validity

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: Metadata Validity

  • From: "Lhunath (Maarten B.)" <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: Metadata Validity
  • Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 16:31:23 +0100
On 17 Dec 2009, at 13:18, Lhunath (Maarten B.) wrote:

> I'm working on generating SAMLv2 metadata using OpenSAML for consumption by
> Sun's OpenSSO.
>
> I've set up the OpenSAML part and am generating metadata for three
> services. OpenSSO, however, is not accepting the resulting metadata.
>
> The following generated metadata causes OpenSSO to say "Unable to find
> certificate to verify signature under element "EntityDescriptor"."
> http://stuff.lhunath.com/metadata-no-cert-found.xml
>
> I then attempted explicitly adding KeyInfo to the Signature on my
> EntityDescriptor root element, which got me a bit "further":
>
> The following generated metadata causes OpenSSO to say "Unexpected element
> {urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:metadata}:KeyDescriptor"
> http://stuff.lhunath.com/metadata-unexpected-key.xml
>
> Removing the KeyDescriptors from the metadata altogether (do they serve a
> specific purpose still when they all specify the same certificate and it's
> now specified in the Signature's KeyInfo?) gave me another message yet:
>
> The following generated metadata causes OpenSSO to say "Unexpected element
> {urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:metadata}:SingleLogoutService"
> http://stuff.lhunath.com/metadata-unexpected-slo.xml
>
> As far as I can gather from the SAMLv2 Metadata specification, both
> metadata files are valid; though perhaps I am overlooking something.

For what it's worth; it appears my metadata was missing the
supportedProtocolsEnumeration.

idpSsoDescriptor.addSupportedProtocol(SAMLConstants.SAML20P_NS);
attributeAuthorityDescriptor.addSupportedProtocol(SAMLConstants.SAML20P_NS);

Adding these two resolved the issue. I discovered the issue by validating
the generated metadata using xmllint against the Oasis SAML Metadata schema.

  • Metadata Validity, Lhunath (Maarten B.), 12/17/2009
    • Re: Metadata Validity, Lhunath (Maarten B.), 12/17/2009