mace-opensaml-users - Decrypting SAML from File

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Decrypting SAML from File

  • From: "Ruthenbeck, Justin" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: Decrypting SAML from File
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 16:45:57 -0800
  • Domainkey-signature: s=default; d=intuit.com; c=nofws; q=dns; h=X-SBRS:X-IronPort-AV:Received:Received:X-MimeOLE: Content-class:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Subject:Date: Message-ID:X-MS-Has-Attach:X-MS-TNEF-Correlator: Thread-Topic:Thread-Index:From:To:Return-Path: X-OriginalArrivalTime; b=CN7IjNRJ215n3XZSLHyEe8sULYf1JPyGjPMjJTTLvELFSCEngKx9fhxi HoYKbOpTwzG3kjBvMENdSA+7puKQ8NxETDPr6RoCjMJEHB2MTzMSQy8sU Sv96M1PPtRbDMYo;

Bang your head against the wall and you're bound to eventually ask for help.  :)

We've got a third party sending us partially encrypted saml messages that we need to decrypt and use on our side.  To prove it out, I've got a set of xml files containing different types of messages they'll send.  I need to load these from file, decrypte the encrypted attributes, and go on my merry way.

Using: OpenSAML 2.1.0 (Java)
Need To: Find a way to (hopefully easily) let OpenSAML do the xml decryption for me.
Question: Is there a high level API to which I can give my private key and let it handle the XML decryption for me?

I've looked at the Decrypter object but quickly realized that it requires familiarity with quite a few decryption related classes.  I would expect that there's a higher level class that takes encrypted SAML (via an XMLObject) in and outputs a decrypted version - no special knowledge required of symmetric/assymetric/inline/reference/AES/RSA usage.  Before I try to work low level on this, can anyone point me to how people are *supposed* to do this stuff?  Am I missing something obvious?

Unfortunately, the page that would hold this info (https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/OpenSAML/OSTwoUserManJavaXMLEncryption) seems to be blank.  :(

justin