mace-opensaml-users - Re: [OpenSAML] DOM in the middle.

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: [OpenSAML] DOM in the middle.

  • From: Brent Putman <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [OpenSAML] DOM in the middle.
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 17:12:32 -0400

When starting from pre-existing XML (a file, input stream, etc): yes.
You parse the input into a DOM and then unmarshall an XMLObject tree
around that DOM tree.

If you just want to start from scratch creating new XMLObjects, then you
do without creating a DOM. You can then if desired (as it usually is)
marshall that XMLObject tree to a DOM tree and do whatever you want with
the latter.

--Brent