mace-opensaml-users - Re: [OpenSAML] HttpServletRequestAdapater

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: [OpenSAML] HttpServletRequestAdapater

  • From: Brent Putman <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [OpenSAML] HttpServletRequestAdapater
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 17:51:29 -0400

Bailo, John wrote:

I am trying to develop a servlet Service provider along the lines of the pseudocode here:

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/OpenSAML/OSTwoUserManualPsedocodeSP

Just FYI, that was contributed by someone from the user community, not the OpenSAML dev team.  I haven't looked it over in detail, so I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it.  From what I see it looks fine as a rough outline. Just clarifying.

The pseudocode shows:

messageContext.setInboundMessageTransport(new HttpServletRequestAdapter(new SAML2HttpRequestWrapper(@http request@)));

Yeah, that SAML2HttpRequestWrapper class is not an OpenSAML class.  Must be from the contributer's local code, so I don't know what it does.

But the sample code ( HTTPPostDecoderTest.java) shows

messageContext.setInboundMessageTransport(new HttpServletRequestAdapter(httpRequest));

This is the standard way to do message decoding from an HttpServletRequest.

What would be appropriate for receiving a SAML 1 object via a FORM POST?

Same basic pattern, but you would need to use the appropriate SAML 1 decoder, for example the org.opensaml.saml1.binding.decoding.HTTPPostDecoder.

Also, I don’t see any source code or API doc for org.opensaml.ws.transport.http.HttpServletRequestAdapter.   Is that available?

Yes, the Java OpenSAML 2 library stack is comprised of 3 libraries java-opensaml2, java-openws, java-xmltooling.  That particular class is in openws.  See:

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/OpenSAML/SourceAccess

http://www.opensaml.org/docs/