mace-opensaml-users - Re: [OpenSAML] Running openSAML2.1 under JDK 1.4

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: [OpenSAML] Running openSAML2.1 under JDK 1.4

  • From: "Kurt Werner" <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [OpenSAML] Running openSAML2.1 under JDK 1.4
  • Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 12:10:46 -0500

Hi Brent (and Chad),

I actually had already started down the retroweaver path, so its good to know that I was at least going in the right direction.  I weaved openSAML2.1, openWS and xmltooling, and rebuilt and ran my webapp using those versions.  My webapp now loads successfully, but I am currently running into the following error.  Appears the Lock class is very specific to 1.5+ and not supported through 1.4.  Would you have expected the weaving to have handled this?  It looks like the code is using syncronized methods, both weaved and unweaved, so not sure where Lock is getting referenced.

----- Root Cause -----
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java/util/concurrent/locks/Lock
        at org.opensaml.xml.XMLConfigurator.<init>(XMLConfigurator.java:70)
        at org.opensaml.DefaultBootstrap.initializeXMLTooling(DefaultBootstrap.java:139)
        at org.opensaml.DefaultBootstrap.bootstrap(DefaultBootstrap.java:83)

-Kurt

"Brent Putman" <>

05/01/2008 05:57 PM

Please respond to

cc
Subject
Re: [OpenSAML] Running openSAML2.1 under JDK 1.4

Just to help you out here, looks like you can do something like this:

1) grab the Retroweaver dist from: http://retroweaver.sourceforge.net/

2) run something like this for each 1.5 jar you want to weave (paths
assume you are in the exploded Retroweaver directory):

java
 -cp
release/retroweaver-all-2.0.5.jar:lib/asm-3.1.jar:lib/asm-commons-3.1.jar:lib/asm-util-3.1.jar

 net.sourceforge.retroweaver.Weaver
 -jar /tmp/xmltooling-1.0.1.jar /tmp/xmltooling-1.01-weaved.jar

There's also an Ant task, you could easily make a little script to do
it.  Or see our old build.xml (except that that weaved from the source,
the above operates on the compiled jar directly).

HTH,
Brent

Chad La Joie wrote:

> You can run retroweaver (or any other back-porting translation tool)
> yourself.  If it's critical I would suggest doing that.  That way you
> can then submit bugs on all the 1.5-only code was accidentally
> incorporated.

The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying documents may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this message, including any attachments. Any dissemination, distribution or other use of the contents of this message by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. All messages sent to and from this e-mail address may be monitored as permitted by applicable law and regulations to ensure compliance with our internal policies and to protect our business. E-mails are not secure and cannot be guaranteed to be error free as they can be intercepted, amended, lost or destroyed, or contain viruses. You are deemed to have accepted these risks if you communicate with us by e-mail.