mace-opensaml-users - Is Shibboleth right for me?

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Is Shibboleth right for me?

  • From: Richard Gundersen <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: Is Shibboleth right for me?
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 14:47:12 +0100

Hi

I'm currently looking to replace Oracle Internet Directory with something else. These are my requirements:

1) Replace OID as the SSO system protecting about 10 web apps (some Spring, some older ones non-Spring)
2) Authenticate against LDAP and provide the user's roles in a principal object in the session (which the apps will read)
3) Detect the reason for a login failure so that I can e.g. redirect the user to a 'change password' screen if a password has expired.

From what I've read so far, Shibboleth can do all these things. But I would be grateful if someone could confirm this before I spend the next few days trying to get it to work :-)

Many thanks

Richard

Get fish-slapping on Messenger Play Now