mace-opensaml-users - XACML providers not correctly registered by DefaultBootstrap?

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

XACML providers not correctly registered by DefaultBootstrap?

  • From: Kenny Pearce <>
  • To:
  • Subject: XACML providers not correctly registered by DefaultBootstrap?
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 13:14:29 -0400

Hi,
I am using the latest OpenSAML binary release (2.1.0) and trying to
construct an XACMLPolicyStatement. The XMLObjectBuilderFactory cannot
find a builder for it. If I manually instantiate an
XACMLPolicyStatementTypeImplBuilder, then it crashes later on because it
can't find the marshaller and tries to use the XSAnyMarshaller. I have
double-checked that I have an OpenSAML jar version with the relevant XML
files. The only thing I can think of is that it may have to do with my
version of xmltooling - I have built that from the latest SVN because I
need my XSDateTime patch. However, it doesn't seem that there is an
xacml-integration branch on xmltooling or anything like that. Besides,
it seems to me that as long as DefaultBootstrap is right it shouldn't
matter. Any idea why this would not work? Could xmltooling be the
problem?

Kenny Pearce
<>
Hx Technologies